it is funny how i am raised with a certain rule of what is appropriate to do at a cemetery and then i moved to copenhagen. i tried to make some point of what you can do in a cemetery in copenhagen:
1. it is okay to go to a cemetery to take a nice picture for instagram
2. you can have your morning run in the cemetery. in fact it is okay to run no matter what time it is.
3. you can bicycle at the cemetery
4. it is okay to plant spices and make food from them at the cemetery
5. you can bring a kindergarten on tour at the cemetery
steffie and i discussed it and for me it is absurd. a cemetery for me is a quiet place to mourn the dead people. a cemetery is scary ad sacred. steffie then said to me “look at it from another point of view. it is amazing that you can turn a place like this into something so useful and beautiful. when they grow spices it is a balance between dead and bringing spices to life.” maybe she is right.